Event Description: The Golden Apple Gala is the Rossman School Parents' Club’s biennial dinner auction that raises funds to support Rossman's curricular goals and special projects approved by the administration. All chairs will work closely with each other to ensure a successful event.
Acquisitions Chair Description: The main role of the Acquisitions Chair is to organize, solicit, collect and display all silent and live auction items in order to ensure a successful event.
- Develop a detailed timeline for soliciting items for the Gala. Design and distribute auction solicitation letters and forms as well as make personal calls to acquire unique experiences, vacations, items, etc. Ensure that a diverse complement of auction items are procured.
- Determine the other fundraising details for the night of the event - raffle, wine pull, swag bags, etc.
- Assist with inputing all auction items and arranging them in packages in the event software. Write all the package descriptions to best represent the item being auctioned at the Gala.
- Make sure all items are picked up from donors in timely manner and stored in a secure location prior to the Gala.
- Coordinate delivery and set up/display of silent and live auction items. Recruit a group of volunteers to assist with the various tasks. Work with the other chairs and the Development Office to make silent auction posters and displays.
Sign Up Now
Event Chair Description: The main role of the Event Chair is to plan every detail of the evening to ensure a successful experience for all attendees
- Secure the venue and determine the date and time of the event.
- Plan/layout the event space, set the ticket cost, make the food selection, arrange for valet parking.
- Determine the “theme.”
- Work with the Marketing Chair to promote the event through signs at school and other visual displays.
- Decide on centerpieces, decorations.
- Plan the entertainment/music.
- Set the timeline for the evening.
- Determine table assignments.
- Design and mail the invitations.
- Plan for storage, setup and breakdown.
Sign Up Now
Marketing Chair Description: The main role of the Marketing Chair is to develop and execute a plan to excite and engage the community in the Golden Apple Gala. This includes writing all Roundup articles, writing/designing all flyers, and taking the lead on the solicitation/collection of parent tributes, ads and grandparent tributes.
- Outline a marketing/communications plan ranging from September-March that explains, excites and engages the community in the event.
- Work with other committee chairs and members to decide on the best way to market the event.
- Write Roundup articles as needed and produce flyers to be sent home in backpacks.
- Make sure everything produced has a cohesive look/theme/brand.
- Work with the Development Office and Bank Chair to design the auction website. Ensure that everything on the website links back to the database for easy online transactions.
- Encourage participants to register (Greater Giving).
- Make sure all participants have a bid number.
- Ensure the online bidding system is ready for the auction (Gesture).
- Assist with adding pictures to the auction packages.
- Assit with the placard display for each package at the Gala.
Sign Up Now
Organizational Chair Description: The main role of the Organizational Chair is to lead the Golden Apple Gala committee meetings, set agendas, provide oversight and manage all the details that support the other chairs. Additional responsibilities include helping to track sponsorships and securing in-kind gifts.
- Coordinate all deadlines and set the event calendar – include meetings, Roundup articles, mailing/emailing of information, etc.
- Responsible for all expenses/deposits made to the Gala. Fill out a check request form, have it signed by the Parents’ Club President, make copies of the invoice/reimbursement and give to the Business Office and the Bank Chair (for input into Greater Giving).
- Work with the Development Office, Greater Giving and Bank Chair for post-event reconciliation, credit card charges and invoices.
- Make sure there is enough letterhead/paper for all correspondences; order as needed.
- Ensure that all Roundup articles are submitted as needed.
- Secure a printer for the catalog and work with the Chairs to ensure deadlines are met.
- Support all chairs as needed to keep everything moving forward.
Sign Up Now
Class Projects Chair Description: This chair works with the other Gala Chairs to determine the best project for each class and coordinate their creation.
- Currently, JK, fourth grade and sixth grade have “set” projects – the Kandinsky art project, the Lafayette House project and the famous artist painting, respectively.
- New artistic class projects were introduced for the other classes during last year's online auction. These projects were done in-house with no work from an outside vendor. Before getting started, initiative a conversation between the art teacher, Parents' Club president and development director.
- If an outside vendor is selected for the other classes, work with the outside vendor to pick items and arrange a time for a representative to work with the students. Work with the Lower School and Upper School directors to determine a time that works best for the school.
- Ensure the projects are completed, photographed and ready for the auction. Be sure to proof names closely.
There is a budget set aside for this project from the class dues monies ($10 per student). If the budget is exceeded, it would need to be approved by the Parents’ Club president.
Sign Up Now
Sign-Up Party Chair Description: The role of the Sign-Up Party Chair is to brainstorm with the other committee chairs about potential child and parent sign-up parties, secure party hosts/donors and encourage attendance.
- Select the appropriate number of parties for parents, children and families.
- Talk with selected individuals about hosting/co-hosting these parties.
- Produce all materials for the party sign ups:
- Displays for the parties the Betz Lobby on the day of sign-up
- Flyers/Roundup articles about the parties (to initiate interest to host and subsequently have people sign up)
- Work with the Bank Chair to ensure all those who have signed up are "sold" the party in their record for proper collection of payment.
- Continue to market the parties until all slots are filled.
Sign Up Now
Bank Chair Description: The main role of the Bank Chair is to assist with inputing and managing all live and silent auction items, rarities, class projects, tributes, ads and sponsorships in the event software. This chair is also responsible for all event registrations in the event software.
- Supervise and help with all data entry into the event software. Includes:
- To get the database ready, update families/addresses in the database. Work with the Development Office to import new families. Current families must be updated manually. The Development Office can pull a list of those families/people who have had address changes.
- Ensure everyone has a bid number – they are to be random so bidding is confidential.
- Work with the Development Office and Marketing Chair to design the auction website. Ensure that everything on the website links back to the database for easy online transactions.
- Assist with entering all auction items, sponsorships, ads, tributes and transition them into packages. Assign numbers to each package.
- Import all RSVPs/credit cards from the online registration.
- Post-event, email all receipts.
- Reconcile the final totals, make sure everything is correct, charge all cards.
- Send invoices to those who have not supplied a credit card.
Sign Up Now